Monday, April 25, 2016

Turning 33

I used to hate birthdays that fell on Sundays. It meant you couldn't really do anything because we didn't (for the most part) go out on Sundays. But now I am an adult and can do whatever I want any day of the week (within reason, of course). So I didn't let the fact that this year's birthday fell on a Sunday get me down!

Turning 33 means you do things like look at a home to buy on your birthday. Talk about being an adult that can do whatever I want! I made an offer on this home and we will see what happens.

Turning 33 also means I can have popcorn for lunch. Which I did when I went to the theater for my Birthday Movie, a yearly tradition that doesn't always have the best options. April isn't exactly a hot month for movie releases. However this year that didn't matter because my theater shows classics on Sundays, and this Sunday is so happened to be On the Waterfront, which would allow me to check a movie off my 35 by 35 goal of watching all the Best Picture winners. The movie was sort of amazing.

Turning 33 means that friends will make you a cake and have their friends sing Happy Birthday to you. Thanks Stepanie! 

Turning 33 means I have a dinner with my friends in Prosper and hang out with the kids (because babies are boring). I pushed them on the swings, played with bubbles, and let them take an inordinate amount of selfies with my phone. Then they placed candles on turtle brownies and sang Happy Birthday to me. I blew out the candles and made my second birthday wish.

I came home tired but on a sugar rush. It was a fabulous day, and even though I was exhausted come morning time it was all definitely worth it.


0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com