Saturday, April 16, 2016

Those Texas Bluebonnets

The blue bonnet is the state flower of Texas, and in the spring they bloom like nobody's business. Blooming right along with them is the bright red Indian paintbrush (or prairie-fire as some people call it). And also some yellow flowers. Oh yeah, and some pretty pink ones in the median of the freeway. Basically it's just flower heaven right now.
I heard about the Blue Bonnet Festival when my friend Jessica sent me this list of "39 Things You Should Do In Texas Before You Die." I missed it last year, but planned well in advance to make sure I was able to smell the flowers this year.

I made the short drive to Ennis mid-morning, which meant I would be taking photos of the blue bonnets at non-perfect time of day. Essentially the sun was straight overhead which means the pictures aren't terribly fantastic.

The best part was getting out of my car at the first stop and being inundated with the smell of the flowers. Sigh. So lovely. The rest of this post is just going to be a lot of photos, so settle in.









I love animals too, so I stopped to take some photos of the livestock. 





0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com