Saturday, April 23, 2016

Fried Okra

I have never had fried okra. Honestly, I thought it was seafood. Okra isn't really something we eat in Idaho.

When my coworker heard this she decided it was her job to introduce me to fried okra. After much discussion around the watercooler at work about all the awesome ways to eat okra, Jessica decided she would treat me to fried okra for my birthday.

We went to Kincaids in Southlake and had hamburgers, shakes and fried okra. I can't say I was terribly impressed with the fried okra. Jessica insisted that it needed more salt and that it's usually better (although, we likely didn't choose to the best place to get "the best" okra). Regardless, I don't think I'll be choosing fried okra over fried potatoes any time soon.

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com