Sunday, March 27, 2016

Easter 2016

Back in 2008, my very first blog post was on Easter. I had spent Easter at the apartment of friends in Harlem. I was tasked with bringing an angel food cake, except I didn't' have an angel food cake pan. I didn't want to buy one, because I was a fairly poor New Yorker. So I just made it in a regular cake pan. And now I know that there is a reason why angel food cake has it's own special pan. I remember being a bit embarrassed about how it turned out, because one of the people at our Easter dinner was a dessert chef.

Here's a photo from that Easter Sunday:

Interestingly enough, I still have that pink sweater (I bought it at the Target just off the 1 train in the Bronx) and wore it this Easter Sunday as well. I'm actually quite impressed at how long it has lasted and is still in excellent condition.


I spent this Easter with the Clements, my Texas family. I love that they include me in their family events, seeing as how my family continues to do things without me in Salt Lake (rude, right?).

Denise orchestrated a visit by the Easter bunny, then we all chilled and took naps until we left for church.


 


0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com