Sunday, March 23, 2008

An Easter Thought

Wow. Who would've thought I'd be doing this! My very own blog!! Not quite sure why I'm doing it, but it seemed like fun a thing to do when I saw that some of my friends had blogs. And I don't pretend to think that anyone is interested in my life, or my thoughts, but this just might be the closest I get to being introspective. I'm also not good at consistency, and have a tendency to be really bad with follow-thru, so this might only get new posts once every three months--but I'll try. Maybe I'll become hopelessly addicted!
I didn't know what else to title my first blog, and it is Easter, but it might be a misnomer as I don't actually have an Easter thought. So we'll just call it my thoughts I had on Easter day, as opposed to thoughts on Easter itself. Not to say I don't have thoughts about Easter and what it represents from a religious perspective (not the perspective from chocolate bunnies and yellow peeps). It's a great holiday that allows us to reflect and ponder on the resurrection of our Savior--no small thing. I'm glad it's not as over-commercialized as Christmas, another holiday that celebrates the Lord, as his resurrection is something that should be treated with more respect and reverence.
On a completely different note, I can remember the exact moment I stopped believing in the Easter bunny. We were living in our yellow house and the end of the road on top of the hill in Pocatello. I had gotten up early that Easter morning to be the first to find the eggs hidden by the bunny. My brother may have been the designated early-riser for Christmas morning, but I was going to be the first one up for Easter. I poked around the living room and saw nothing. This was good though; seeing nothing meant that the weather was so nice the Easter bunny decided to hide the eggs outside! I rushed to the sliding glass door that overlooked our backyard to get the first glimpse of the eggs I would have to find later. But all I saw was my mom.....with a bag....taking eggs out and placing them in the yard. What? My mom was the Easter bunny? As an 8-year-old I was pretty crushed, but kept the knowledge to myself, deciding to let my mom think I was still in on the game.
And those are my Easter thoughts! Thanks to Jessica, Soo and Cristi for having me over to their place for dinner. Till next time.....

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com