Monday, March 14, 2016

Conference in Houston

Last week I was in Houston for the Texas Trails and Active Transportation Conference. I've never been to Houston before, but I have heard a lot about Houston. Basically, no one likes Houston. Not even people from Houston (or so my co-worker from Houston tells me). It was hard to get a decent feel for the city that wasn't tainted by the bad word-of-mouth, the flight there that took two hours instead of one (and had a lot of turbulence), and the torrential downpour when we left the airport. It also rained the entire first day.

Also, the conference was at hotel in the Medical Center area, and since we also stayed at that hotel there wasn't a lot of exploring of the city or downtown. So I'm sort of indifferent about Houston.

The Conference was good, though. I was there not only to learn, but also to present. Myself and a few co-workers did a presentation on the progress of the bike plan in Denton. It went great! I always love talking about Denton and the cool things we are doing.

After the presentation. My boss, Jim with Parks, Noreen the Engineer, me, and a councilmember.

Noreen and I! I adore Noreen. 

The presenters.

I've been in my career for three year now. I've presented at conference a couple other times. And yet sometimes I still can't believe anyone takes me seriously as an adult and knowledgeable person in my field.

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com