Friday, September 28, 2012

Old Foto Friday

Eldon Cleon Perkes, my grandpa. Today would have been his 96th Birthday. He passed away when I was young and I sadly don't have any memories of him. Below is my mom's tribute to him today.

Today is my dad's birthday. He would have been 96 years old. He was the best dad in the world. He was a spud farmer in Idaho who loved his job, his family and the gospel. Him and my mother taught all 7 of their daughters how to work hard but also showed us how to have fun. We spent many days helping dad on the farm doing what any boy could do. After a hard days work during the summer, we headed to the baseball field to play and watch games. My dad loved baseball! My dad would help any one in need and ask nothing in return. I wish my kids would have been able to have known him. He passed away a year and half after mother died. We always say he died of a broken heart. I have missed you a lot over the last 25 years, dad. HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!! LOVE YOU!! --Pamela Perkes Anderson



0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com