Sunday, September 16, 2012

Book Club: Kill Me Softly

This month for Book Club we read Kill Me Softly by Sarah Cross. I struggled getting into this book, but once things started getting revealed I was interested enough to keep reading. The story is essentially a retelling of the fairy tale Bluebeard, which I had not heard of, with lots of others mixed in, including Sleeping Beauty, Snow White, Red Riding Hood and Beauty and the Beast. The book takes on the thought that fairy tales are essentially curses, where one is bound to follow through on it whether they want to or not. The idea of free will in spite of circumstances out of your control was an interesting point of conversation. Overall, no one loved it or hated it.

(We missed Pammy! I left early to watch the BYU/Utah game! Cat took a photo but I don't think I'll ever see it!)

1 comments:

pambelina said...

Have we ever seen any of the book club photos? I missed you guys too. I was looking forward to discussing the book.

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com