Sunday, April 29, 2012

Snow Patrol Concert

I'm finally free to do what I want on the weekends instead of slaving away on homework (although I actually still have one more presentation, but it isn't due til Thursday....so it can wait!). I totally slept in and did nothing until getting read to attend Baby Dane's Dr. Seuss-themed First Birthday Party. It was super cute and fun, and Pam did a great job with the food and decorations.

Then it was off to The Depot to check out Snow Patrol with cousin Phaedra. Her original companion was stuck in Idaho with car troubles, and her loss became my gain. When Phaedra texted me I immediately said yes, eager to get out and enjoy a Saturday with no homework!

I must admit the only Snow Patrol songs I know are the ones on the radio (and that one from that episode of The Vampire Diaries). When "Chasing Cars" was crazy popular how ever many years ago I got sick of its overplay and decided I didn't like Snow Patrol. But when I went on a Snow Patrol song-listening crash course before the concert, I realized some of their songs I liked from hearing on the radio but just didn't know it was them.

I'm also a fan of live music and concerts and believe that even if you don't know the band it'll still be a good time. Snow Patrol put on a great show! I loved it!! There's just something about hearing music that is so awesome. Lead singer Gary Lightbody is incredibly charismatic and an amazing singer. I've never seen a person so genuinely happy to be doing what their doing; most lead singers are just reciting banter they say during every show or are overly manic (I'm looking at you Billie Joe!) but Gary seemed to be completely himself. He'd get this happy smile on his face in between singing lines while he looked out on the audience.

They even sang my discovered-that-day favorite song, "New York." It was awesome. They definitely have a new fan.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great show! I still have a goofy smile on my face! Thanks for going with me!!!

pambelina said...

I love Snow Patrol! And I'm so glad you came to Baby Dane's party. It wouldn't have been the same without you.

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com