Thursday, January 21, 2010

I'm With CoCo


I'm taking sides--I'm with CoCo.

The past week's announcements, offers, and rejections came to a close today as NBC and Conan officially signed a deal to end his run on The Tonight Show. This makes me a little sad (as sad as one can be about people they've never met). I know what it feels like to be told you're the one, then when things aren't quite what you imagine you get dumped for the person who was there before you. It sucks. It sucks even more to have it played out in the public eye.

I truly think Conan got the shaft in the deal. Before this, I was a Jay fan and a Conan fan. While I was initially sad to see Jay go (especially when he was on top) I eventually got over it. I welcomed Conan at the earlier time and even got excited for Jimmy Fallon at Late Nite. And Jay. Well, I maybe caught a few snippets, but it was never appointment television (but which executive actually thought it would be?!--Bad choice NBC!). I don't make an appointment to watch Conan either, because it's past my bedtime when I have work and school, but in the summer or any other time I'm up at that time (which will be tonight and tomorrow to watch the end of Conan's wonderful run) I would definitely tune in.

When Jay returns in March, I don't think I'll watch. Something about the way things happened kinda changed my view of him. I'm not watching late night anyway, so it's not like anyone will notice my non-viewing. But I'll know that I'm sticking by Conan and the really bum deal he got. At least Jimmy Fallon's got to be pretty happy about things.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe our two person boycott really will bring down NBC!!! Team CoCo!!!!

pambelina said...

I'm with you! I loved Conan on Tonight and now I'm PISSED.

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com