Monday, September 21, 2009

I Found It!

That would be this, the last image from the Itty Bitty Scavenger Hunt that I had yet to find on this, the last day of the Hunt.

I was afraid that I wouldn't find it and my hard work of scavenging twenty blocks of downtown for twenty various images would be for naught. And then, after searching for about ten minutes from the car I randomly looked over while at a stop light, I found it! The sign on the window of Perry's Barber Shop on State Street and 400 South.

All my sweat from searching in the sun, all my blisters from walking around in endless circles, and all my frustrations from walking right by some images numerous times paid off. And it was all worth it to see parts of beautiful downtown Salt Lake that I'd never paid much attention to. It was also fun seeing other people on the streets with paper in hand and, getting desperate on the last Saturday of searching, trading clues for images the other had not found.

This is the 17th year of the Itty Bitty Scavenger Hunt and I recommend doing it. It's quite exhilirating when you find that first clue, then another, then another. And not only that, but you really are treated to the amazing early archticture of Salt Lake City. It also made me look at things differently and really look at the things around me. So I'm ready to do it again next year, and if anyone wants to participate....

2 comments:

Lisa said...

That sounds like fun!

Anonymous said...

I want to do it next year!!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com