Monday, February 2, 2009

End of an Era

In case you all didn't get enough of me when I was in Salt Lake, I'm returning....next week. I know what you're thinking--You just left! Or in my case--I just got back. But upon returning, sitting in my inbox was a message from an old acquaintance who I had ran into while working Sundance who asked if I wanted a job on a film shooting in Park City. After fretting about it all weekend, I decided to take the job. I don't know why I was even fretting--it's not like I can make the kind of money I'll make on this film working at J. Crew. The only thing J. Crew has going for it is that it's in New York. But I can now officially say that I no longer work there.

I should also mention that there have been lots of changes here in New York since leaving, and it's partly because of those changes that I'm able to leave the city again. Rosemary moved out on Saturday, to a place that's cheaper and has better sun for her plants. Maria and Mark got married in December before I left for Sundance (it was totally special and I got to be their witness and the only person who knew about it! I love them!). And that of course changes things, as they are on a different course now. I was going to live with them, but now with me leaving for almost two months, and rents going down, they will just get a place for the two of them. And all of this makes it the perfect time for me to leave. My stuff will go into storage for the time that I'm gone and then I'll have to decide what to do when I'm done filming. But this apartment is done. It really does feel like the end of an era.

Also, while I'm Salt Lake I will need a car to get up to Park City for the shoot. If anyone has an extra car at their place, or a family member has one, that's not being used and just taking up space, I would be extremely grateful if I could borrow it for the time that I'm in Salt Lake. Let me know!

2 comments:

Lady Holiday said...

Are you going to ever come back???

Just Julie said...

Hopefully. I'll see what happens after I'm done shooting in Utah. I'll at least have to come back to get my things, but I definitely don't feel quite done with the City!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com