Tuesday, July 1, 2008

A New York moment

So I woke up this morning starving. I've been meaning to go the grocery store but haven't gotten around to it (for one, I'm poor and it seems like I'm always out of food and money, and two, I really hate grocery shopping). But I was hungry and when I woke up all I wanted was a nice egg sandwich with tomato, cheese and avocado. Mmmm, I was smiling just thinking about it. One minor problem, though: I was out of bread. And I have been for about a week now. Which means no peanut butter and jelly sandwiches to take to work and no egg sandwiches for breakfast. And so you know what I did? I walked to the corner "Poo Store" (hopefully the name is self-explanatory and says why I only shop there when it's an emergency--it smells like poo!) that's just up the street in my flip flops and wet hair and bought a loaf of bread. I'm pretty sure there's no where else I could do that except New York. So thank you New York, for letting me have my egg sandwich breakfast and a PB&J to take to work!

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com