Monday, July 21, 2008

It's HOT!!

Yes, I'm still alive here in the city. Just barely. It is super hot here! Yesterday we were walking to the subway to get to church and I thought I was going to die. Thank goodness for air-conditioned subway cars. although sometimes you get into one that isn't and you either realize it too late and are stuck in it until you can transfer at the next stop or you just deal with it. Dealing with it really seems like a stupid idea, however, because it's an awfully long subway ride when there's not AC. The platforms, however, are not air-conditioned and they have to be the single worst, hottest and sometime smelliest places to be in the summer months. This is also where most of my sweating is done. And trust me, I'm not the only one sweating. Everybody is sweating, and it seems to be something we just accept as New Yorkers. I actually saw an article in either AM New York or Metro that said New York was the sweatiest city in the nation, producing the most gallons of sweat in an hour. If any of you come out to visit (note to Mom and Emily) you are warned.

Since I haven't posted in so long I should mention a few of the cool things I've been doing. Stefanie and I went to an improv show at the Upright Citizen's Brigade and not only saw Josh "Tad Hamilton" Duhamel and Justin "I'm a Mac" Long but ALSO laughed hysterically!! We were lucky enough to see Amy Poehler, Rachel Dratch and numerous other funny people whose names I don't know and if I did you wouldn't know who they are anyways. It was by far the funniest thing I've seen; I've been to this show three other times and nothing has compared to that time two weeks ago.





I also rode the Staten Island Ferry (which is free and something I want to do at dusk to see the city and Statue of Liberty at night), found Alexander Hamilton's grave at Trinity Church, celebrated Maria's birthday, saw Utah "celebrity" Carole Mikita at the Crew and then the next day at church (when I first saw her at the crew I wasn't quite sure it was her, but couldn't verify with anyone because no one there is even aware of who she is. I was going to go up and talk to her but just couldn't. My instincts were confirmed though when I saw her in our chapel on Sunday.)





There was also Maria's birthday on July 8th. Mark got Maria this totally awesome chocolate cake from the bakery down the street, Village Cafe, and we all got a little sick from it (but totally in a good way!) We played Settlers of Catan before heading out to a movie (The Happening). Marky Mark had to go to work (what a loser) so Rosemary, Stefanie, me and Maria went to the Indian Cafe, where Stefanie had the waitress surprise Maria with ice cream and all of them singing Happy Birthday! She was quite surprised. I pretty much love Maria and Mark to pieces.




Today is supposed to be really hot again.....

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com