Thursday, April 17, 2008

Blisters

This morning I got up, not quite as enthused as yesterday, but, nevertheless, up, and put on my runnin' shoes. I was ready to hit the track for my third run this week. And then I put on my shoes. You see, yesterday was such nice weather that I broke out my sandals, the ones I've had since high school, the ones that I love, the ones that give me a weird circle sun-tan on my feet. Every year when I break out my sandals for the warm weather I always must re-break them in, a ritual that costs me dearly those first few days after but is well worth it when my feet are blister free the rest of the summer. So yesterday was the breaking-in day, and while my feet sure looked cute with my skirt, they were also in pain. I was half tempted to take them off and walk barefoot home, but anyone who has seen the sidewalks in my neighborhood knows this would be an icky choice. I made it thru the day, aided by loosening them before leaving the Apollo which helped a lot, but there's no way I could've made it thru a run this morning. I was actually kinda bummed. Perhaps I'm getting the running bug after all.....

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com