Sunday, January 1, 2017

La La Land

I saw La La Land when I was in SLC over Christmas. However, that did not stop me from getting up early this morning to catch another showing of it. It's just such a lovely movie that I wanted to watch it to ring in my new year.

Mia and Sebastian are two artists living in LA. She's an aspiring artist, and he's a jazz pianist. They have a couple meet-cutes before really coming together. They have to navigate their relationship while pursuing their own dreams.

That sounds cliche and possibly boring, but the movie is anything but.

For one, it is unabashedly romantic. It's whimsical. It's beautiful. It's full of color. It's funny. And I love all of that. It has singing and music and it is all so fantastic.

I think it is a perfect movie for the new year, with it's themes of how to be a person with dreams and goals and how to be in a relationship. Sometimes those two parts of you can be in conflict. Navigating that can be tough, but it can also be rewarding. I like that thought.

Seriously, go see this movie.

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com