Thursday, September 15, 2016

Kickball: Season Three

A couple nights ago was the first kickball game of the new season. We had a few players depart this season which meant a shake-up in some field assignments. I say assignments like there is a coach and all that. There's not.  And the team generally decides collectively who goes where. Obviously I'm usually in the outfield because the infield takes much more skill. Also, when I started playing all the positions were pretty much set.

This season, though, I'm the catcher. And I love it. It doesn't require much more skill than standing out in the outfield (this is a recreational kickball in Denton, not the MLB despite what some teams think) but I like it so much more. I'm more aware of what's going on in the game as the catcher. And since I'm standing next to the umpire I always know what inning we're in and what the score is. It's awesome.

My mom played on a softball league with her work when we lived in Pocatello. I used to love to go to her games and watch all the radio disc jockeys play. My mom was the catcher. I'm following in my mom's footsteps.

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com