Monday, February 2, 2015

Streets And My Thoughts On Them

I am a big proponent of the grid system when it comes to streets. I think it comes from my time living in SLC and NYC. The grid system just makes directions and finding things so much easier. It's intuitive. And I like it.

When I moved to Topeka, I was annoyed that they didn't have a grid system. They had a semi-grid system, in that they had numbered streets that went east and west, which meant I knew where 21st street was in relation to 6th street. In time I got used to it, even if some addresses gave me no clue where they were.

Denton has a street system that is not a grid and has no numbers. This is a struggle for me. Add in no mountains, and the occasional overcast day, and I have no idea which way is which. I have to rely on remembering which streets go east-west and which ones go north-south.

I have a crappy memory.

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com