Saturday, February 14, 2015

Jazz vs Mavs

Wednesday night the Jazz were in Dallas playing the Mavericks. When I knew I was moving to Texas, one of the first things I did was look up the Jazz's schedule to see if they would be playing Dallas soon. I was pretty happy that I hadn't missed the trips to Dallas.

I left work a little bit early and hit the freeway towards the nearest DART station. I really hate navigating traffic and sporting events, and even more so when I'm not familiar with the place. So I am very pleased that I can reach where the Mavs play by train.

I wore my Jazz shirt and sat amongst the Mavs fans. Everyone was nice. In fact, no one made any mention of my shirt until at the end of the game when some guy said, "It's a rebuilding year for you." There was a girl a few rows in front of me who was also a Jazz fan, and we shared a few head nods, especially when the Jazz made a run near the end of the fourth.

As I was waiting for the train, a gentlemen asked if I was going to the Trinity Mills Station. I said yes (even though I was actually going to the stop after that) and then told his grandson to just follow me. He then left to catch a different train to Fort Worth. This kid and I ended up sitting next to each other on the train, and we chatted all the way to our stop. He's graduating high school in March. I asked him his favorite movie. We talked about music, and cool things to do in Texas.

We also talked about religion (mind you, this was only like a 35 minute train ride). When he asked me what made Mormons different than other religions, I blanked. Sheesh. I mentioned a few things, but then we got to our stop and parted ways. It was a really cool time with him.

At church lats week my Bishop called me to be a Ward Missionary. So I guess I'll have to work on being better at moments like this. 

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com