Monday, February 16, 2015

Honey Run 5k

The last 5k I did I didn't actually do. Amber and I had signed up for the Blacklight Run in Bonner's Springs. Unfortunately, the weather was super bad at the time of the race--massive rain and thunderstorm. Amber stuck it out but I did not. This was way back in August.

Saturday was my first time running since that 5k in August. I really just signed up because it was put on by the Sustainability Office of the City of Denton. It was an outdoor course at the Clear Creek Nature Reserve and it was one of the loveliest runs I've done! The weather was perfect and the setting so nice. I was in a good mood all day, and I'm pretty sure it was that runner's high. However, I didn't stretch enough or have enough protein afterward, and have been a little sore.

I finished in about the same time I do for all my races. Imagine what I could do if I actually trained and built some endurance! Speaking of which, I'm starting a 6-week 5k training program in the morning. And it starts early, like 5:30 am early.

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com