Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mashed Potatoes Like Mom Makes

I am in charge of my ward's monthly Linger Longer meal. Since today was Mother's Day I asked that everyone bring a dish or dessert that their mother was known for. I decided I would make mashed potatoes, since my mom grew up on a potato farm in Idaho and they were a staple of our Sunday dinners.

I thought 'How difficult can this be?' I even called my mom this morning to check--peel and cut potatoes, place in a pot and boil until they get soft, mash the potatoes and add some butter and milk, then proceed to eat. I did all the steps, but my potatoes did not turn out as they should have. They may be simple, but mashed potatoes is still a skill I need to work on and master.

My mom has been making mashed  potatoes for years; I've made them once. My mom can do a lot of things, and maybe someday I'll be as cool as her.

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com