Saturday, January 18, 2014

Oklahoma Joe's

Kansas City if famous for its BBQ, and its most famous BBQ place is Oklahoma Joe's. Since my first trip to Oklahoma Joe's was thwarted by it being a holiday, I was eager to join my friends on Saturday afternoon for some dinner and a movie.

The food did not disappoint. I'm not a huge fan of BBQ, but my pulled pork sandwich was amazing. As were the fries. I'm glad it lived up to the hype. If anyone ever decides to come out and visit me, I will take you there.

 My friend Kate and I in line for the famous BBQ.

We then headed over to the AMC 25 to see Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit. Now this is a real movie theater, not like the lameness that is in Lawrence (Topeka's theater is surprisingly better than Lawrence's). We sat by some interesting people who kept the night full of fun.

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com