Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Things Do Work Out

Sometimes I find it helpful to remind myself that things do work out. Like when I moved to New York. Things just fell into place with my apartment and I had awesome roommates. When I quit Walmart I was only unemployed for two weeks, when I went on my very first and only interview with a temp agency and got the job. I then proceeded to get a job with J. Crew and, later, Tribeca Film Festival. That led to a job with Sundance. Which led to a job on a movie set. Which led to me returning to Salt Lake.

Once returned to Salt Lake, finding a job was difficult. After three months, I went to a temp agency. And, just like in New York, I got the first job I was sent for, without being interviewed. That place was Myriad and I worked there for almost three years while I got ready for and attended grad school.

As I got closer and closer to graduating, I spent every day looking and applying for jobs. It was kind of awful. I applied for over thirty jobs. After not hearing anything for weeks, the interviews are now pouring in. I've been offered a job at Highland City. Tomorrow morning I'm flying out to Topeka for a second interview for a job that is pretty much my dream job. Yesterday I got two phone calls, at the exact same time, to schedule interviews, one here in Utah and one in Colorado. It's kinda crazy.

So yeah, lots of times things do work out.

2 comments:

pambelina said...

But if you move to Topeka how will we play?

Jenel said...

This is totally a good thing for me to hear with my job search frustrations. I hope whatever job you get is perfect for you!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com