Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Encore

After seeing Les Miserables last Friday, I became slightly obsessed. The London cast recording has been playing on repeat all weekend. And since I like to indulge my passions, I decided to take my mom and sister to see it today. And it rocked! Maybe I needed to familiarize myself with the story to enjoy it more, because I was totally into it this time around.

Everyone, including Russell Crowe, is pretty awesome. I don't get all the flak Crowe is getting for his singing. Anna Hathaway is crazy good. That tear that falls out from Marius' eye while he sings "Empty Chairs at Empty Tables" kills me. I get chills when "Do You Hear the People Sing?" and "Red and Black" are performed.

I again cried during "I Dreamed a Dream", it's that good. Em barely shed a tear, while my mom lost it when Gavroche was shot. She burst into tears again while we were sitting through the credits. Seriously, the story is so moving and inspiring.

1 comments:

pambelina said...

Then I definitely need to see it soon!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com