Tuesday, December 4, 2012

From Here to Timbuktu

I'm finishing my Masters degree in a couple weeks. And as such I've been applying for jobs like crazy. I have a spreadsheet of all the jobs I've applied for, noting when I applied, when it closes, the pay, who I used for references. So far I've applied for 32 jobs all over the country, from North Dakota to Florida to Texas to California. Here's the map:


Sometimes I get excited when I think about moving somewhere new. I let my mind wander to the new path my life could go on. Other times I think that I love my home in the avenues so much and never want to leave it. I think that if I cant' find a boyfriend in heavily-LDS Utah, how would I ever find one in Minot, North Dakota? What would I do without my family? I remind myself that I've done it before when I moved to New York, and this time I would be moving with a job.

In the end, what happens will happen and I'll roll with it.

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com