Sunday, June 3, 2012

Back to Titanic

Some movies never lose their appeal. Even after fifteen years. One of those movies, for me, is Titanic. When it came out, way back in December of 1997, I was fourteen and in ninth grade. I remember going with my family when it first came out, and it wasn't really very huge. At least not yet. Then it exploded, and over Christmas break I saw it either five or six times. When it was nominated for a billion Academy Awards I watched the Oscar ceremony and was ecstatic when it won anything. Over the years, whenever I come across it on TNT, no matter if it's nine o'clock and just starting, I have to watch it. I get completely engrossed in it.

Tonight I finally got to see the re-release of it in 3D. And I was still just as captivated. The movie holds up really well after fifteen years. When the iceberg hits, there's so much tension and suspense I couldn't believe I was still shocked. And Jack and Rose. *sigh* While I wasn't into Leonardo DiCaprio when the movie came out, I have loved his recent work (and that he's grown into a man!) and he and Kate Winslet are great in the movie. Talk about chemistry. They've both gone on to be nominated for Oscars and have worked with some of the best directors in the industry. Not bad for two kids running around in the water.

And Celine Dion's My Heart Will Go? I still love it. Also, I secretly wish that Leo and Kate would get together in real life.

1 comments:

Andrew and Gina said...

I didn't even know it was now in 3D. But now that I know, I can't help but wonder if the scene when Rose poses for Jack to draw her is in 3D...

so... is it???

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com