Thursday, June 28, 2012

Avett Brothers

Summer is full of outdoor concerts and I love it. Tonight my fantabulous friend Pam and I returned to Gallivan Plaza to listen to The Avett Brothers. Last year it rained on us. This year it was hot. Hot and smelly (b.o., weed, something manure-ish, spilled beer). While Pam and I both think last years concert was better--different playlist, longer--we still very much enjoyed this one as well. We enjoyed crazy mustached-man, man wearing a tank top, dude who was very drunk and danced a bit too much, girl turning 30 who bumped up on me too many times, 11 people wearing Avett Brothers shirts (myself included), boy with sunflower shirt, boy who barely moved, and 12-year old on yearbook staff with the older boyfriend.



Oh, and the MUSIC!! They played a lot of older older songs this year, which I'm not as familiar with. Pammy once again did not get to hear her favorite, Ill With Want, and I didn't get to hear Colorshow. But the brothers put on a fabulous show, with banjos, cellos, stand-up bass, drums, piano and guitar. Oh, and the harmonica. It was awesome!

After the show, as we were walking by the vans and such, Scott and Seth walked out to their bus and Seth Avett and I shared a wave. It was kinda awesome.

2 comments:

pambelina said...

It was 12 shirts by the end. Remember, the drunk 30 year old put one on! And I wish we had gotten a picture of sunflower shirt boy. Seriously, I think he stole the shirt out of his mom's closet.

pambelina said...

Oh! And don't forget about creepy drunk guy who stared into our eyes, and dancing drunk guy who fell down.

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com