Wednesday, May 9, 2012

A Walk Home

One of the goals of my Thirtieth Year is to drive my car less and walk and take transit more. I used to get around solely by public transit, walking and the kindness of my friends of family for those really hard-to-get-to places. But then I got a car, and it was just so much more convenient. Truth is, though, I don't really like driving. I hate having to pay attention and shift and worry about other drivers and spend money on gas; I dislike that it is wasted time when I can't be reading, sleeping, studying or simply daydreaming.

Tonight I had an important event downtown at Abravanel Hall (I will blog about this most awesome event tomorrow) and took the convenient number 3 bus as my mode of transit. I then walked two blocks in the lovely (if a bit windy) spring weather to arrive at my final destination. By the time the event was over, the 3 bus was no longer running. So I walked along South Temple, stopping at Harmon's to get a few groceries, and admired the lovely houses, enjoyed the beautiful weather and smelled the flowers blooming. It was perfect.

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com