Monday, October 17, 2011

Making Excuses

Saturday morning I participated in the SoJo 5k. When I signed up a month ago it was a way to lose a little weight before heading to Portland. Also because I need motivation for running and a race that I'm registered for is a good way to get that motivation. And for the first week I was awesome at it, full of motivation and running three times that week.

But then it came to a screeching halt. I started taking a new medication that gave me crazy intense headaches, making running a near impossibility. By the time it all got figured out, two weeks had passed and I had only ran twice. Then I was in Portland the days leading up to the race....

So I showed up to the race not quite ready. But ya know what, I got a time within seconds of the time of my last 5k a year and a half ago. Even though I knew I gave it my all while in the moment, I can only imagine how much better I could be if I actually was ready for it.

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com