Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Excitment

My laptop will be arriving at the end of the week, when I will continue with my Blog Challenge (well, hopefully. Honestly, I write blog posts in my head all the time and this not having a computer thing has really been a downer). Right now I'm in the Marriott Library, gearing up to write a paper for one of my classes.

I just wanted a place to document the excitement I felt today. I left work early to meet with a professional who works for the UTA to ask for his help with a project I'm doing for my GIS class. I get really excited when I think about the future and all the things I'll get to do. He said he doesn't make a lot of money, but he enjoys what he does at the end of the day and goes home happy. That's all I really want. I truly get excited when I talk about planning and transportation with people. I currently hate my present work scenario, and can't wait for the day when I actually enjoy my work.

I also had a seminar class tonight. Our speaker was a member of the City Council (or something like that) and his whole presentation was on making downtown more transit, pedestrian and bike friendly. We talked about the new light rails, bike lanes, trails, increasing public transit. It's so interesting to me and I can't wait til I get to actually do it all for a living.

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com