Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Day 6: A Pet

I'm supposed to put up a picture of an animal I'd like to have as a pet. In a world not constrained by size or location, I would love nothing more than having an elephant for a pet. Or at least as a mode of transportation. Since I live in Salt Lake City, where there isn't exactly an abundance of elephants, I guess I'll settle for the stuffed elephant I've had since I was little.

My picture in my last post is me with my cat, Rambo. I got him from my friend Holli when her cat had kittens. I named him Rambo because he was so rambunctious as a kitten. I hadn't had him too long before I had to leave for college. It was sad to leave him, but I'm sure he could care less (you know how cats are). Through a series of sad and unfortunate events, Rambo was lost. It was too sad to continue looking for him at the Human Society in Pocatello, so I just accepted that he was gone and hopefully living it up somewhere else.

When I was growing up we had a dog named Max. I still get a little sad when I think about him. We found him at the Humane Society when we were living in Bountiful. My sister claims she's the one who found him, but I know it was me. We named him after the dog, Max, in The Little Mermaid. My family had Max for over ten years. I loved him, and the day we put him down was one of the saddest days of my life. I cried all day.

Pets are awesome, and I look forward to the day when I can have one again.

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com