Sunday, February 27, 2011

Day 4: Best Friend

I thought it very fitting that the Day 4 challenge fell today, because today is Oscar day and my best friend and I have a long tradition of watching them together. That's sorta how we became friends--we both really loved movies. We started watching the Oscars together the year Shakespeare in Love won, and I was beyond upset that Spielberg won Best Director for Schindler's List but lost the Best Picture trophy (I've since gotten over it, because I really do love both films). It was our tradition every year. Then sadly, a year came when we lived in different states. And for seven Oscar ceremonies, from Lord of the Rings: Return of the King to The Hurt Locker, we watched them separately.

But this year, we planned ahead. Lindsay got the next day off work and she drove down here to watch them with me! It was awesome! Besides my sister and sister-in-law, I can't think of anyone better to watch the Oscars with. For this momentous occasion, I decorated my house with a red carpet, stars, a Hollywood sign, and a scattering of the Award-winning movies that I own (sadly, I didn't take any pictures). Simply put, the whole thing was awesome.

Here's Lindsay and I on her wedding day.

And this one is from my going away party before moving to New York:

Most of the really great pictures of us are from pre-digital camera days, and someday I'll get a scanner....

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com