Sunday, March 2, 2014

It's Oscar Sunday

Church has been cancelled today, but not because it is Oscar Sunday. We had some snow and sleet last night (which would make the roads rather slick) and it's supposed to snow again this afternoon. (For anyone counting, this makes 3 times church has been cancelled in the year I've lived here.)

So now I'm wasting away my time far less spiritually as I wait for the red carpet to start at 6. Which means I rummaged through my old photos and found the ones of Lindsay and me when we were in L.A./Hollywood in fall 2003. When we made the choice to not move to L.A., we then had a day or two to be tourists. We did an NBC studio tour, went to a Jay Leno taping, scoped out the handprints at Graumann's Chinese Theater and visited the Kodak Theater. The Kodak Theater (now the Dolby Theater, or Hollywood and Highland Complex) is where the Oscars are held every year. It was pretty cool for two Oscar-watching, movie-loving gals.



0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com