Saturday, May 18, 2013

Summer Movie Season

 The Summer Movie Season started a couple weeks ago with Iron Man 3, which I saw when I was in Salt Lake for graduation. This film was initially not on my radar to see, as I've only half-seen the first one and haven't seen the second one. But it was the only movie playing the weekend I was in Salt Lake that I wanted to see. I enjoyed the movie a lot! Maybe it was because I didn't have any expectations going into it, maybe it was because I really like The Avengers, and maybe it's because it is just a really well done movie.

The movie I was really looking forward to was Star Trek: Into Darkness. As I've stated numerous times before, J.J. Abrams can practically do no wrong--he really is just that awesome. Waiting four years from the previous film seemed like an awfully long time. I was pumped for this movie. And I was....underwhelmed. I kept waiting for it to kick into gear and get exciting and, for me, it never really did. I think Benedict Cumberbatch is awesome but was not used enough in the movie. I'm as non-trekkie as they get, so maybe some of the "inside"jokes and lore were lost on me this time. However, I really loved the opening scene because the set design was so amazing with those colors!

And I saw a preview for Man of Steel, which is the movie I'm looking forward to this summer (well, besides Before Midnight)! Bring on the summer movie season!

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com