Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Another TV Distraction

If you read my blog at all (all two of you) then you know I have a tendency to get hooked on things that are sort of stupid that takes me away from blogging. That stupid things is usually a tv show. From Lost to Chuck, I seem to get easily addicted and sucked into something that it kind of takes over my life.

I am sort of embarrassed by this.

A couple weeks ago it was Party Down that I discovered on instant streaming on Netflix (don't get me started on their 60% price increase). Adam Scott is delish.

Now it is The Vampire Diaries. I feel completely dumb admitting this because a) it is a vampire show and it seems like I am jumping on the bandwagon of all things vampires (but, as with Buffy the Vampire Slayer, which was also weird to admit to watching, it's really good), and b) it is on the CW, and I'm slightly past the age demographic of watching anything on that channel anymore. Have you seen what shows they have? They are slightly atrocious.

But I like to think of The Vampire Diaries as an anomaly. It is not dumb and moronic like Gossip Girl or whatever other teen shows the CW puts on the air. The writing is excellent, the mythology interesting, and the acting great. And, even without a single beard on the show, some really nice eye candy (if you're into that sort of thing...) Of the two vampire brothers, Damon is apparently the one fans and such love. But, having come to this two season into it, I've missed the boat on Damon and have no idea why anyone would prefer him to Stefan.

Yep, I sound just like a teenage girl. Which I guess is appropriate if I'm going to admit to watching a vampire show on the CW.

1 comments:

pambelina said...

I do the exact same thing! I get obsessed and can't get enough. My current obsession is Eureka. I think I'm slightly young for their demographic, but I still love it! And I absolutely plan on teasing you about liking Vampire Diaries, but only because I would never have the guts to watch it at my house (because Chris would tease me mercilessly).

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com