Sunday, June 28, 2015

What's Your Agenda

I've heard a lot of comments recently about a "gay agenda." This bothers me, as if gay people have some sinister agenda to bring down all of society and civilization. That is just ridiculous. Gay people do not want to turn you gay. They do not want you to do everything they do. They really just want you to recognize that they are just like you and me. They love and create families and want to get married. Just like you and me.

Here in Denton, during the summer we have Twilight Tunes on Thursday evenings. Everyone and their dog (literally) comes to the Square with their camping chairs, family, and food to listen to some music and have a good time. Twice I set up my single camping chair close to a couple with a newborn baby. They had all the requisite things everyone else had: food, chairs, stroller. They even spent some of the time checking their phones, just like everyone else.

This couple is also same-sex.

They were just doing what everyone else was doing.

I also think that the "gay agenda" is quite similar to the "mormon agenda" I've been taught nearly my whole life: get married.

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com