Sunday, June 22, 2014

My Ward is Awesome

My ward is small, in numbers and in the size of our building. We meet in the Institute building on KU's campus. Sacrament meeting is held in the large classroom, and what I love about it is the pictures on the walls. A beautiful painting of Christ hangs in the front, and during the sacrament, or when I'm singing, I look at it and think about all he Has done for me. Lots of times sacrament meeting feels very intimate, or like a small gathering of friends having church discussions.

Today was one of those Sundays where everything was perfect. I truly feel like everyone is welcoming and truly cares about the people in our ward. We support one other, we laugh at their jokes, we share in their triumphs and setbacks. One of our speakers today started his talk with his own singing of "Keep the Commandments." It was awesome, and everyone in our ward loved it. I would never have the guts to do that! He doesn't have a singing voice, but we all knew that he was sharing a piece of himself and his testimony.

Sometimes life can be hard. Work can be stressful, and we can worry about a lot of things. There's sadness and illness in this world for many people that I love. But when I go to church I always feel better and with the desire to hold onto the faith that I do have. It's powerful.

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com