Saturday, February 15, 2014

One Year in Kansas

I've been in Topeka, Kansas for an entire year. This still seems slightly strange to me. I've said it before and I'll say it again--never, in a million years, did I think I'd be living in Topeka, Kansas. But I'm here, and I've made the most of it.

The year has seen a lot of things happen. Slowly but surely I get more comfortable in my job. I know the Bikeways Master Plan and can actually talk with people about it. I presented at Board Meetings and a conference and held public meetings. I was interviewed for the newspaper and the news channel (making the front page of the paper on my bike). I discovered there was a lot I didn't learn in school. I went to Portland for a bicycle design workshop.

I got a cat and she is awesome. Fat and awesome.

I went to Royals games and a BYU basketball game. I went to a Matchbox Twenty concert. I went to Lawrence (a lot) to hang with friends. I ate out and went to movies and met new people. I bought a new car when mine got totaled while it was parked in front of my building. I did two 5ks with my friend Amber. I hosted my ward's Halloween and Christmas parties. I had my own Book Club get together at my place. I dated.

I even found time to travel to Salt Lake and to Denver and to Vegas. I walked in graduation.

It's been a pretty great year, full of ups and downs and awesome moments and learning moments. And I know I'm right where I need to be. For now.

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com