Wednesday, July 14, 2010

My Running Conundrum

As I prepare for the 10k in a week and a half, I am attempting to sort of "train" for it. Mind you, I use that word rather loosely, as I don't really have a set plan, just to run 2-3 times a week for as long as my body will allow me. It's the most "training" I do.

My conundrum is this. It's good for me to run in the morning, because I get awfully sweaty after running and need to take a shower post-haste. And since I'm a morning-shower person, you think this would be perfect. But the warmth of my bed usually means that my snooze button gets more of a workout than me.

So I've started running at night. I actually like this, as it's cool and I can catch the sun setting. I also like not having a set time of when I have to get back. The one drawback to this: I then come home, take a shower (just to get all the sweat off me before bedtime) and I'm all sorts of awake from the shower and runner's high. I then lie in bed forever wishing my body to fall asleep.

And lately, I've been too busy studying for my stats test or such to even run at night, plus the trying to not eat anything two hours prior to my running. I go to bed with the intention of running in the morning, and then the conundrum starts. My bed is too warm. I'm too tired. My stomach is too empty. No running gets done. Whatever will I do.

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com