Saturday, July 31, 2010

The Cowboy in Me

Last night, my sister and I attended Tim McGraw's concert at Usana Amphitheater. I must admit that any interest I had in country music died when I moved to New York--they have not a single country station in the area. Plus, New York isn't the place where you sit in your car and listen to the radio. That, added with my changing musical tastes, means I really have no idea what is going on in country music anymore.

What I do know, though, thanks to my sister, is that Tim McGraw is still pretty cool. And, at 43, still puts on a pretty awesome live show. And is not too bad to look at, so Emily tells me.

The opening act was Lady Antebellum, who are apparently the new "hot thing" in country music right now. They sound great live, which is comforting to know that their music isn't all fabricated in a studio. I don't own either of their cds, but their music and sound is good and easy to listen to. Also, the two guys in the group have beards, so I of course like them.







Then, after an incident in our row where a Tim McGraw-look-a-like caused quite the scene, and Emily to just about have a heart attack when I looked over and swore that Tim was right there, the real Tim came on stage. He sang for two hours, covering most of his hits (which is hard considering he's been doing it for over 20 years), including, "Something Like That," "Things Change," "Down on the Farm," and Em's favorite, "The Cowboy in Me."

Pretty awesome night, even if the stench of too much human body odor and beer was lingering in the air. Outdoor concerts in the summer are the coolest.

1 comments:

jules said...

OMG!!! That guy was sitting seats 3 seats away from my daughters and I. Do you have ANY idea who he is or his name or anything?? I have not been able to quit smiling for 2 days. That was a fun concert

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com