Sunday, June 19, 2016

I Love You

Last week 49 people went out for a night of fun and did not return home. They left behind loved ones who did not know they would not be seen again. I read stories about each and every one of them. And I cried. And I couldn't help but think about the things left unsaid, because we always think there's a tomorrow. Or next week. Or next month. Or the next time we see someone.

Today an actor died in what can only be described as a freak accident. He was getting ready to leave to meet up with friends when he got out of his car for some reason and then got pinned to a wall when the car rolled. He was 27. I was 27 once. His friends were expecting to see him. He was expecting to see his friends.

These incidences have made me reflect on my relationships. I want to be better about telling my loved ones I love them. I am sentimental and loving, but am sometimes awful at keeping in touch. I let far too much time go by between communication with people I love. I am determined to be better, in honor of those 49 people who senselessly lost their lives in an act of violence. Because love is always the best choice.


0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com