Sunday, March 20, 2016

The Great American Cleanup

Saturday morning I got up "early" to spend the morning picking up trash along a busy road in Denton with my coworkers. It was part of the Great American Cleanup, a yearly event in Denton orchestrated by Keep Denton Beautiful. It's a pretty cool concept - get community members to take an active part in keeping their community clean. People form groups and volunteer, then are assigned a street or area in the city to clean up. We are given a bag for trash and a bag for recyclables. Then y'all go out and pick up trash!

I have some pretty great coworkers and was glad to spend the morning with them.

 Afterward everyone brings back their trash and there's a party at the Civic Center with food and various organizations providing information and free giveaways. I was there for work as the "Bike Czar" to provide bike lights and coloring pages for kids. I always enjoy when I get to go out and interact with the community. Denton  is pretty darn awesome.

 


0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com