Sunday, July 5, 2015

First Fourth in Texas

The Fourth of July is my most favorite holiday. It's a birthday celebration (which I also love) on the national level - Happy Birthday, America! It isn't stressful like Christmas, where you have/feel obligated to buy presents for others, or question if you are keeping "Christ in Christmas." It really is Food, Fun, Family, Friends and Fireworks!

I started my Fourth off with the Liberty Run 5k at North Lakes Park. Now, I've ran 5ks before, however I still chose to wear cotton. Heavy cotton. I was not a happy camper. Also, I have not run since April. And I'm  not nearly in the shape I used to be in when that wasn't really a problem. So a disproportionate amount of my time was spent walking. However, when one of my favorite songs came up in my playlist I was motivated. I really just wanted to start dancing.

I got home just in time for the parade, which goes right through downtown (I happen to live downtown). I spent many Fourths in Moroni, UT with my grandma and grandpa and extended family. The parade there always included floats with the "royalty" from the surrounding towns; I even had cousins who were on those floats. In Denton, we get "Frackula" and Texas pride (every event is an event to show your pride for Texas).

 

 

I love Denton so much. 

I then hit up a movie (which I will write about later), and then took a nap before heading to Frisco to meet up with friends from work for dinner and an FC Dallas soccer game. It was my first live soccer game. It was fun, but I was really just there for the after-game fireworks. Which were amazing.


It was a really great day. However, I always tend to miss my family most on holidays. Good thing I'll be with them in Salt Lake City on Pioneer Day.

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com