Wednesday, October 22, 2014

World Series Game One


The Royals are in the World Series for the first time since 1985. This is a big deal. All of Kansas (and Missouri, too, since that's the state they actually play in) is going crazy about this. Anywhere you go you see people sporting Royals gear. My newsfeed on Facebook has become inundated with Royals articles and play-by-plays of the games. It is awesome. I decided to be a Royals fan when I moved to Kansas last year, and it feels pretty darn good to have them playing in the World Series.

Topeka Metro has "Go Royals!" on our buses, and employees can wear jeans if wearing a Royals shirt. I insisted on getting a picture of all of us on Tuesday before the game.

My co-workers: Terri, Susan, Denise, Me, Alan and Maribeth


Then I met my friends at Johnny's Tavern in Lawrence to watch the game. The Royals did not play well, but it was a fun night anyway. I mean, as fun as it can be when your team loses badly.

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com