Thursday, May 16, 2013

A Julie Moment

Remember last summer when everyone dubbed the Mormons as having a "moment"? Well I feel like this week is my own little "moment". It is Bike Month and this week specifically is Bike to Work Week. As the Bikeways Coordinator bikes are kinda a big deal.

First there was City Council where Bike Month was proclaimed by the Mayor.
The local paper interviewed me for a story about Topeka becoming more Bicycle Friendly
Topeka Metro announced free rides during Bike to Work Week for anyone riding with a bike.
I made a video on how to load your bike onto the bus for Topeka Metro's website.
Today there was a lunch-time "Ride With the City Manager" where I was interviewed by the local news channel and paper.

Planning school didn't prepare me for the media aspects of my job, but I did use the skills I learned to create flyers and speak in public. I'm glad for this one little moment where we talk about bikes. And I'm already thinking about what we can do next year...

1 comments:

pambelina said...

Hooray for Julie!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com