Friday, October 9, 2009

Moving Day....Again

Yesterday was the sixth time in ten months that I had to pack up, load, lift and carry all my earthly belongings. A quick rundown of the aforementioned moves:

--moving everything out of my apartment in New York and into a storage unit while I head out to Utah to work Sundance Film festival
--all belongings were taken out of my storage unit and moved, most of it walking to and fro the five blocks between my apartment and the storage unit with a little handcart that I loaded up multiple times over several days, back into my apartment
--three weeks after above incident, everything was moved from the apartment to a moving truck and hauled across the country...again
--everything from the moving truck was moved again into my sister's house
--from my sister's they went to a supposed-to-be-permanent housing situation in Murray that I fled after two weeks of feeling very uncomfortable
-- all my treasured belongings (except my bed, which is getting moved on Saturday) are now residing in a cute little house in Sugarhouse

The girls I'm living with are very cool and I get a good vibe from them. I knew after looking at the place once and meeting two of the girls that this would be a good choice.

I sure hope I don't have to move anytime soon. I certainly don't foresee it. When my sister and I first moved to Salt Lake five and a half years ago my dad said he wouldn't help us move again unless we were getting married! Of course he was joking, but I've always sort of made that my mantra. Unfortunately that never happened even though I moved, but here's hoping it'll be true this time.

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com