Monday, August 3, 2009

This is Why I Miss New York

As most of you know, I don't have a car. It's the first thing I sold before moving to New York and will probably be the last thing I buy since returning. It is very frustrating not having a car, especially after being so accustomed to the wonderful public transportation system in New York. I have to catch rides everywhere and always feel like a burden; I've never been very good at having to rely on other people.

I rely on two friends to get me to church on Sundays. The one had to work and the other texted me at 11:40 saying she was called into work and couldn't pick me up. Normally in this situation I would just walk to a church meeting in my neighbor, but I had a very important meeting with the bishop at 1:40 that I did not want to miss. So I called everyone I knew--Amber, Mary, Phaedra, mom, Joylynne, and finally my brother. None answered. By this point it was nearly one and I decided to just walk to a church nearby. As I was out on the sidewalk something that never happens happened--my brother returned my phone call. Seriously, he never returns calls and never checks his messages. It was quite literally an answer to my prayers. So thank you Jared for picking me up for church!

Oh New York how I miss you and your subways and buses that run on Sundays.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am soooo sorry that I wasn't home :( I would hve picked you up!!! I NEED a cell phone! My experiment of living without one will be coming to an end soon!!!!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com