Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Soundtrack to My Life

I have finally added a music playlist to my blog. I really love music, and even though I can't sing or play an instrument, I have a deep connection with music. I never fail to find a way to relate every song I hear to my own life, and have a way of being moved by music.

So here's some little tidbits on the songs I chose:

Spinning by Jack's Mannequin
--
when I got their cd and first heard this song I immediately loved it. Especially the line, "Be patient I am getting to the point."

The Remedy (I Won't Worry) by Jason Mraz
--this song used to be the ringtone for my phone. I love when he goes into, "...and I---, I won't worry my life away. When I fall in love I take my time, There's no need to hurry when I'm makin' up my mind." This song should be my anthem, but unfortunately, I do worry my life away.

Viva la Vida by Coldplay

--I hate Coldplay. But when this song came out I inexplicably loved it. I really don't know why. I just really love the beat and sound of the song. "I know St. Peter will call my name." Favorite part of the song. I still hate Coldplay.

Falling Slowly by Glenn Hansard and Marketa Irglova from the movie "Once"
--this song is just beautiful

Obladi, Oblada (Life Goes On) by The Beatles
--this might possibly be my favorite Beatles song, and I didn't even know it was their song til about two years ago! It's such a happy, jaunty little song that you can't help but like it. Plus, Desmond and Molly--I love when a song tells a story.

Push, Downfall by Matchbox Twenty
--Push was the song that made me a fan of Matchbox Twenty, back when they were Matchbox 20. I bought their first cd and have been a huge fan ever since. I've seen them in concert four times, which is why I include the live version of Downfall. You know those bands that you see live and they sound not quite like they do on their cd? Not true with Matchbox. Rob is amazing live and they sound better live than on the cd! One thing the cd version has going for it, though, is the backing of a gospel choir when it gets to the chorus.

You are the Best Thing by Ray Lamontagne
--
this isn't my favorite Ray Lamontagne song, but for some reason Hannah, which is my favorite, is not available. This song is very musically different from Hannah, but I still like it very much. Doesn't it just make you wanna get up and dance?!

Almost Honest by Josh Kelley
--I heard this track one day working at the Crew. For some reason I just like it. There's something sweet and melancholy about it.


4 comments:

jeff said...

Ob-la-di ob-la-da is also my favorite Beatles song!

Plus, while I wouldn't say I hate Coldplay, I've never been a fan, except I really like Violet Hill off of their new album.

pambelina said...

Miss Julie--I like your soundtrack. I seem to have misplaced the link to the umbrella blog. Please tell it to me again.

I love you bunches!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE matchbox Twenty as well. I have seen them in concert twice and they are completely awesome live!!!!

Just Julie said...

So I guess hate is a pretty strong word. To be more polite like Jeff, I'll say I'm not a fan.

brokenbrollies.blogspot.com--isn't is the coolest blog!

We probably went to the same concerts in Salt Lake!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com