Monday, February 16, 2009

Two Days Off

So after re-reading my last entry, I realized that it was quite negative (and severely misspelled, and sort of just a rambling mess, but it was late when I wrote it after a long day of work). I don't mean to make it sound so awful, and if I wasn't working with the people that I was it would definitely be much more awful. Especially after yesterday.

Yesterday was our first late starting time because we had to shoot night scenes. The day started at 12:30 in the afternoon and we didn't wrap until 12:02. But as a PA, you don't get to leave at wrap (well, really, no one gets to leave at wrap except the director and producers); we have to deliver Call Sheets to all departments, make sure extras get signed out, wait for out times and pretty much stay til everything gets wrapped up. I didn't leave Park City until 1:30am.

The day was long, none of the kids were listening to me, especially the cast kids, it was cold and windy, and we were all ready for it to be over by about 8:00. We were shooting on an ice rink and all the kids just wanted to skate and have fun instead of get ready for the shots. Even our 1st AD (Assistant Director; he's the one who runs the set) was getting frustrated with the kids. But, as I said, if not for great people like him and the rest of the crew working together, it would be pretty awful. I know that Murphy (he's the AD) appreciates my work, he's easy to talk to, and he understands what we're dealing with. It's nice to have a good working environment.

And I have no idea why it's called Craft Services (we call it Crafty). My guess is that it stems from some long ago company, perhaps Craft, that started doing it and the name has sort of just stuck. Crafty gives us food and drinks while on set. They are very pivotal in keeping everyone happy.

And now it's the "weekend" and I have two days. It will definitely be nice to not have to spend my days standing in the cold, watching children and being awake for 18 hours. Maybe I'll start taking my camera to work and give you guys some behind the scenes photos...

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com